Friday, February 13, 2009

Mommy Wrinkles...

It's happening...my sister tells me that her girls have always had a knack to telling the truth, but for insulting her with it. Yeah, its happening...first is was, "Mommy, I have curly hair (in an adorable bragging voice)...and you have...that hair". Ok, really funny. Not so bad. So I have really straight hair and she recognizes it as less than hers : )
But Not only has she giving me stretch marks, she...well, the other day she lifted up my shirt to see my growing belly, so she could talk to the baby. I could tell she was really concentrating and thinking about something. Then she points to my stomach and says, "You have wrinkles, Mommy". I couldn't help it. I started laughing. I told her she made those wrinkles on my tummy when she was growing inside of me as a baby and that they were 'mommy wrinkles'. She then lifted up her shirt to look at her tummy and said, "I want mommy wrinkles on my tummy"...ok, so she totally made up for it. That was adorable. Hey, I know. We should all be proud of the mommy wrinkles! I had been thinking about how ugly my deflated wrinkly tummy would look once my baby was born...but instead I'm going to be grateful. Mommy wrinkles are so worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment