Saturday, October 27, 2012

E.C.H.O. 5K and other news

Today we got to participate in the E.C.H.O. 5K and kids fun run...ok, Adam sat on the side lines to take care of the kids while I ran. What a man! Though next time he said he'd run with me! The kids costumes aren't ideal to run in, so they wore other costumes. We borrowed a Cookie Monster costumes from some friends. Last night I realized Asa was dressing as Cookie for the End Childhood Obesity race...haha....ok, So instead we are saying he is Veggie Monster...but he did't want to hold the cloth carrots we brought with us. Oh, well. 

 This is about the only picture Asa would let me get of him as he is on a take-no-pictures-of-me spree. The kids fun run had a false start and Asa was a blue blur. When everyone was calling the kids back to restart, Veggie Monster bursted into tears. I think he thought he did something wrong. He was the cutest crying Cookie, I mean Veggie Monster I'd ever seen. He was so upset he wouldn't run the race. But let me tell you, he would have killed it. Now we tell our kids that its not about winning, but then we whisper about their accomplishments. ha. Ava was very excited when she came in 4th {she was keeping an eye on her 'competitors' all about 4 feet and under}.  Now...if she looks like she is wearing lingerie...my sis and I went to an estate sale with tons of 1950's clothing, where I got Ava clothes that filled her dress up box. She thinks its a fairy costume. :) Her Narnia costume is too long and bulky for her to run in.
Asa still got a medal which helped him recover a little bit. Next was the awards, which included best costume awards. I had no idea that Darth Vader, the Cat in the Hat with Thing 1 and Thing 2, among others were runners.





This is my crazy friend chuck....I mean Kris. She dressed up like her running partners husband. I passed by her when we first arrived because I didn't recognize her! She is the reason why I was insane enough to come to the race. I squashed my best time, under 36 minutes, haha..., and that was with hills {not saying too much since I've only ran more than 3 mile a total 3 or 4 times, but still}. My calves were crying up the hills! {uh, I was walking up most of them!} I think I need to start doing some strength training. I was trying to keep up with a speed walker named, Terry. He is quite the popular fellow around here as there were 4 people, I believe, dress like him, which included long white wigs. Speed walkers didn't start passing me up until about the mile marker, which is better than I was expecting. And none the the non-speed walker passed me up which was a very good sign. Ha! 

Chuck & chuck. 
Twins! {Chuck said she could have at least made her mustache black, ha, ha.} Kris was 3rd in her division!!!!!!
 Then we came home to this! Asa was laughing SO hard as Cookie was chasing him around trying to eat him. Adam started off using cookie as a puppet. This is Asa's entire costume on Adam's head. Haha...he doesn't know I'm putting this pic on the blog. {now I can see I need to clean under the couch}

Last night we went to Boo at the Zoo. I was a little scared myself, but the kids loved getting candy...the night before we went to End Childhood Obesity race...haha. The kids got to wear their Narnia inspired costumes. Ava said she was a Medievil princess. She wasn't smiling because she said they didn't smile in olden day pictures. That and the fact the line was about 5 kilometers long! Ava was playing thumb war with herself.
 I wanted Asa to wear his crown, but this is about the only time he did, because he found his helmet and apparently thought it was more cool.
Asa kept poking everyone with his sword! 



We will get some better pictures in the costumes. The kids were quite cute! 

In other news:
Is this not the cutest picture of Larry the Cucumber! Asa drew this. So sweet. I love kids pictures!
We went to the Oglebay Fest, which included a parade. I love parades! Its the truth.



Ok, this not at the Oglebay fest, but isn't he so cute!


Um, on a side note, I've never seen a baby crawling contest before, but I was uh, fortunate? enough to watch one at Oglebay Fest....in the rain. Those poor babies!!! Just say'n...seriously, a baby crawling contest?!? We are in Wheeling, West Virginia...full of runners and baby crawling champs...
One last note from my niece, Gabby:
Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires!

No comments:

Post a Comment